Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Rice flowering season

        In childhood days, I have lived in the house her grandmother for a while. Near her house there Hai Ba Trung Temple. Next to the temple is an ancient two rice crops enormous. No one knows exactly guess its age. But the biologists estimate that rice plants have aged 500 to 700 years. Rice tall trees and majestic horns. It is the highlight deep in the hearts of the children of Thach Da when they are away from home. When spring comes, flowers bloom rice sky as flames. Because it is a huge rice plants. The fire caused by burning rice flowers brighten up a corner of the sky. Rice is very beautiful flowers in the eyes of our children. It's huge and there are so thick flank. The colors are bright. Heard that it is edible. Unfortunately I have never been tasted. Because every time a gust of wind to make some rice falling flowers. The children there are cowherd rushed to pick up. We shared the food pieces of rice flower and laughing very happy. They are boys. There are many kids with nearby rice plants. I live quite far away, the rice plants. So I did not get a chance to pick up the flowers to eat rice. With the pick up something to eat on earth do my pride hurt.

        In about March, April or something. When the sunshine of summer overflow. The rice fields to harvest water. In addition to helping her grandmother's collection of waste rice. I was enthralled chase rice flowers. Flowers white rice is now thin as a stray cloud to ground equipment. In the middle of rice flower is a small grain of rice seeds of the plant as the country ages. Maybe so, but my people call it rice plants. But that tree has a name that is very beautiful magnolia free! Around the rice is slightly thin filaments which white as cotton. It acts as an umbrella support rice plant seeds go very far from the tree rice. This is probably one of the unique seed dispersal in nature. Rice plant seeds also edible. Its taste fleshy and fat. Chasing and catching between rice flowers floating in the air makes me feel very exciting. My grandmother is also very happy to see that scene. Then she was very upset. Sometimes even ill. Because rice is also a blossoming white old sky falls like this, his grandfather said goodbye to his family in the army. Since then he has not come back again. He ended up in the fierce battle. Thus, each flying season fall flower old rice filled the courtyard of the home port and grandmother. My grandmother just happy and sad again. She reckons see her grandfather had many seasons away from rice and flowers. She dreams grandfather will return to the correct one season rice flower. But her dreams have never come true. My grandmother also went to eternity. Ancient rice trees great day has died. Hai Ba Trung temple has been rebuilt to a large and beautiful. It also has a new rice plant two trees next to that temple. But maybe it takes 700 years to equal the new tree has died. Today again one day in March, rice flowering season comes. I remember about the flowers of rice my childhood memories. I remember grandma and injury. Season the rice flower ring on my mind a lot of emotion and yearning. I love rice flowering season. I love the memories of childhood in the light, sweet in my heart!
                                                                                                Author: Pham Thi Hoi

No comments:

Post a Comment