Sunday, March 20, 2016

Anniversary of cassava poisoning

    Day I was a kid, my mother very well buy boiled cassava roots for the whole family to eat. My mother loves to eat the cassava tubers. The root is attached to both a student's mother. Mother after years as a student, mother and mother's friend regularly eat cassava and cassava leaves. That day I was in a very poor country, so mom has always been hungry. But the students mother lived very happily with friends!

     Although my mother loves to eat cassava, but every time she bought cassava home, my mother is very careful in the processing of cassava for my sister to eat. Because of toxic cassava root, if not properly processed, cassava toxins can cause death. So each purchase cassava on, mother had carefully peeled cassava peel, cut them into pieces of about 7 cm long, then their children into 4, and then soaked in water for about 2 to 3 hours. My mother used to go picking bamboo leaves to the pot boiling with cassava. She said bamboo leaves potentially toxic sterilized in cassava tubers.
      On a clear day, the sun gently strips on the tops of trees in the garden. My mother brought home with a bag of fresh cassava tubers. My mother was very happy to say that today buy cassava cheaply, by the same mother and uncle together Jeny purchase all of a cassava root villagers going to market. As always before, my mother is still trying to process very carefully to remove all toxins in cassava tubers. By now the whole family eating boiled cassava roots, I was very happy to eat. Unfortunately, that's probably the cassava tubers taken from a perennial cassava. These simple measures to detoxify my mother does not work. As was the youngest in the family, I was eating tubers section contains many toxins. So I've been poisoned cassava tubers. Flowers up my eyes, limbs are limp and did not follow my control anymore. I faint, in trance, I heard the mother screaming my name. Mother trying to give me water to detoxify the temporary road. Then she rushed me to the hospital. In the yard of the emergency room, doctors Jeny couple had been there ever since. Their daughter was lying in the emergency room because cassava poisoning. It turns out that the cassava tubers which my mother and Jeny physician assistant in the morning to buy at today contains more toxins than usual. Jeny physician husband arrived condolences to my mother, because the hospital informed that only one antidote. Prize winners will be the children's doctor poison Jeny, as they were before it. Inside the emergency room, the doctors and nurses in the white blouse was rushed out, running as emergency measures for patients. But my mother took me to the emergency room, because maybe I have a chance to live mercy. Because my normally very healthy condition. Luck has come to me, the daughter of doctors Jeny was too severe poisoning. The doctors were unable to find a vein in her arm. She was deep coma and could not cure. So the only antidote that hospital was for me. I have lived, but she died. Although then my condition is not good anymore. My digestive system is severely damaged by toxins cassava tubers. But my health is quite good thanks to measures to improve the health that I have made. Jeny physician husband then very successful. They became wealthy family and most successful in the history of the village. But when thinking about the old days, doctors Jeny still extremely painful. Uncle was injured pitiful girl cassava poisoning and die in poverty. Now wealthy happy, praising both villages, the country was respected, he was making even more injured people pity her daughter more! Thinking back to this, I also feel very sorry for them!
                                                                                      Author: Pham Thi Hoi

No comments:

Post a Comment