Sunday, May 24, 2015

My grandmother, the wife Vietnam hero

   My grandmother, eighteen years old, the family fled to follow resistance. Then she met and loved grandfather of the day engaged in revolutionary activities. The two married and born mother, he and two of my aunts. Prioritized grandfather stayed behind because his brother was killed in action when Saigon Special. Back home people are climbing. But hear the falling bombs, explosions. Her heart revved me uneasy. She encouraged him again joined the army to fight the enemy. Jobs in the rear, alone fend off her shoulder. With the encouragement of his wife. My grandfather style sung enthusiastically joined the army. Painting the picture of his days in the yard enlisted cooperative warehouse, new youngest aunt was a few months old are also on hand holding brake. Aunt Huong is also beginning to crest. And his mother is better but skinny black and qoat certainty. That year my mother was eleven. Three-one years old my grandmother.



      Breakup bin rin where wartime village with many tears, error lo and promises victory would return date reunion. Who would have thought it was his grandfather last seen minh.Trong family once his squad going to bomb enemy aircraft destroyed. Nearly the whole squad were heroic sacrifice. The only person in his team returned to the village after that. When ordered to retreat because the discovery of the false intelligence. He was in the most remote areas are breaking our army airfield defenses, penetrate airport bomb but was somewhat of enemy bombs exploded far scooped out a few days after the new province. Others have sacrificed all, can not find the bodies. But precisely because not found his body but my grandmother always anxious expectation and hope that one day he returned ....

      From his days off to the front, she was home alone on the farm laborers, the harvest is going burdens coal lease, go glean potatoes, forage for families hired cattle to have money for four children Wild young children and medical care for his parents. Found the hired laboriously from dawn to late at night which was not well-off family circumstances whatsoever. Limited human strength. She also wanted to let the children get a decent education. Afraid of his day charge her again, because she had encouraged him to go off to fight in the front line to give his children to suffer. So the days go 'employ, her attendance at evening classes physician. And eventually she became chief CHS station. Mother, uncle, two aunts of me because of the children of martyrs should be given priority in school. Her children, and he eventually became a teacher, a construction engineer, bachelor of economics, doctor. Caused marriage, born grandson, grandchild for both families. My grandmother is getting older. Her hair was white as freight. But her smile is always gentle. Her eyes are sparkling rays of hope. My grandmother retired long ago.
    Every day she is still careful consultation scarf, dressed in the manner of the old woman. Blouse, black pants! Every morning she would hope that today he will suddenly return. Think she should always happy and crooked launch hannh welcome a new day. She or catch me clean up the house each morning. Then she started selling sundry markets. In the afternoon she often sad eyes occasionally to look out first lane. Sometimes I feel she mumbled sadly: today he was not about. That evening how she stomachache.
She reminds me very much of my grandfather. Who does she mention his name I was very sad. I remember watching a movie with her on the subject of war. There are mothers who weep sons as martyrs coincides with his name. So the next few days sick in bed my grandmother did not eat anything. Reluctantly I have to say to her: She kept this one, missed his return tomorrow. He will not be happy where sir! My grandmother sat right up, leaving that difficult, the grooming, the crooked launch of hope. Poor Grandma too!
The tools I, as well as his grandfather's parents died one after another. I left her alone to shoulder shrugging funeral, braided coax. She just loved him because his parents had not seen before death is central. In her heart always thought he was not dead. Cai death notice and by country where formal attribution wall hanging another is a mistake. Every day she remains hopeful the news and listen to the group, the team and the commune. She hopes to have his message. She rejoices when someone's family found the remains of martyrs. And her heart was filled with hope again!
      Then she stopped I also hope my grandfather back. She just wanted to find his remains. To be buried alongside his ancestors going on. This is when my grandmother battling stomach cancer is terminal.
And my grandmother is gone like a liberation. She has over forty years of painful waiting days without seeing him return. So at the age antique furniture collected hybrid hi, she went looking for him where nine streams. I weep for her endless, I feel happy for her. Because who knows of the existence of the world of the dead. And she would be reunited with his grandfather. Only regret her grandchildren were parked all universities, but not go to work to earn money to take care of her during his final illness. Now the children she worked in the department other departments. Following major automobile, small automobile. Went to study where Europe windswept sky. On this last 27/7 toward her, toward him. He goes to leave a country because it was still a maybe. And my grandmother was a lifetime memory writhing trail yearn day waiting his return. Grandma! I love her too!


                                                                                   Pham Thi Hoi

No comments:

Post a Comment